CannaStrips™ is a True Buccal Mucosal Delivery
The oral mucosa is composed of an outermost layer of stratified squamous epithelium. Below this lies a baseline membrane, a lamina propria followed by the submucosa as the innermost layer. The epithelium is similar to stratified squamous epithelia found in the rest of the body in that it has a mitotically active basal cell layer, advancing through a number of differentiating intermediate layers to the superficial layers, where cells are shed from the surface of the epithelium. The epithelium of the buccal mucosa is about 40-50 cell layers thick, while that of the sublingual epithelium contains fewer. The epithelial cells increase in size and become flatter as they travel from the basal layers to the superficial layers.
The buccal mucosa delivery offers several advantages for controlled drug delivery. The mucosa is well supplied with both vascular and lymphatic drainage and first-pass metabolism in the liver and pre-systemic elimination in the gastrointestinal tract are avoided. The area is well suited for a dissolvable device such as CannaStrips™. With the right dosage form design and formulation, the permeability and the local environment of the mucosa can be controlled and manipulated in order to accommodate drug permeation. Buccal drug delivery offers a systemic delivery of orally inefficient drugs as well as a feasible and attractive alternative for non-invasive delivery of potent drug molecules to the blood stream. However, the need for safe and effective buccal permeation/absorption enhancers is a crucial component for a effective buccal drug delivery.
The CannaStrips™ formula is an effective buccal mucosal delivery method because of the following components:
1. Organic Enzyme that disrupts the barrier created by saliva coating the mucosal membrane.
2. Nanoparticulation of the active materials (in this case cannabinoids) have been nanoparticulated into molecules less than 100 nanometers in size making the active material small enough to penetrate the multiple layers of mucosal and sub-mucosal membranes.
3. Encapsulation increases the effective penetration through the mucosal membrane to the blood stream by encapsulating the nanoparticulated material with a plant based liposome. This liposome coating of the material lowers the friction viscosity resistance to mucosal penetration to the vascular network below. Once in the blood stream the encapsulation is undetectable as a foreign material by the liver. This un-detectability allows the material to avoid being filtered out of the blood stream by the liver. The liposome encapsulation also is more effective in penetrating the blood brain barrier and allowing for greater bioavailability and extending the effective time from a single dose.
Nanoparticulated: Nanoparticles are particles between 1 and 100 nanometres in size with a surrounding interfacial layer. The interfacial layer is an integral part of nanoscale matter, fundamentally affecting all of its properties. The interfacial layer typically consists of ions, inorganic and organic molecules.
The buccal mucosa is the lining of the cheeks and the back of the lips, inside the mouth where they touch the teeth.
CannaStrips™ The Product
1. Smokeless: using CannaStrips™ unlike smoking or vaping this product does not release active ingredients on unwilling recipients upon exhaling. Never sharing the active ingredients with other individuals (children) who maybe affected or offended. Because it is smokeless it can be used anywhere. CannaStrips™ are non-offensive, there is no smell and it is discreet, no one knows you have them in your pocket, or that you have one in your mouth. Your personal medical privacy regarding your medication is assured. Smokeless is Healthier.
2. Extremely Effective: Buccal Mucosal delivery such as CannaStrips™, delivers the active ingredients directly into your blood stream through your mucus membrane in your mouth. This method is more efficient than ingesting or smoking, without upsetting your stomach, stressing your liver or inhaling harmful smoke. It has a significantly quicker response time, with CannaStrips™ acting in 3 to 5 minutes vs. 30 minutes to hours with edibles.
3. Other delivery methods in your body: Smoking cannabis enters your bloodstream in approximately 1 to 2 minutes sooner, but the amount required to achieve the same effect is 5 to 10 times greater for the a single CannaStrips™ delivery. However, it takes 10 to 15 minutes to smoke 1 gram of marijuana making it significantly slower to assimilate a dose amount equal to one CannaStrips™ dose. Smoking is inefficient, less than fifty percent of active cannabinoids are assimilated from burning cannabinoids and inhaling and exhaling the smoke. There are many synergistic peripheral plant benefits which are lost or altered in the combustion process and other carcinogens are created. Ingesting cannabinoids or edibles have the benefit of being smoke free, but they are limited by a number of physiological factors. When any medication is ingested, that medication is subjected to what is commonly called the first pass syndrome FPS. The simple explanation of FPS is that it is a process whereby the blood from your digestive system is first filtered through the liver before entering the bloodstream, which takes time (up to 30 minutes), after which the remaining cannabinoids can enter the bloodstream and take effect. Depending on the health of your liver the dosage can be reduced by as much as sixty percent. Dosage can also be affected by the types of foods and or liquids that have been ingested before and after ingesting cannabis, which makes accurate dosage almost impossible.
4. CannaStrips™ in your body: The entire plant and all of its synergistic components of cannabinoids, terpenes, terpenoids, flavonoids and over 400 chemical entities are contained in the complete extract used in CannaStrips™. The combination of cannabinoids, terpenes and terpenoids found in cannabis plants cause an “entourage effect,” which means that the impact of the whole cannabis plant may be greater than the sum of its parts, which may explain why so many people seem to get better results from using whole plant extract as opposed to highly distilled versions of pure THC or pure CBD, CBN’s. Many doctors believe that the presence of terpenoids may buffer the effects of THC to actually prevent unwanted side effects (like paranoia or anxiety) from occurring.
The CannaStrips™ extract is reduced to a micro particulate size and homogenized into a lipid encapsulation. The encapsulation containing a enzyme that disrupts the mucosal barrier, this allows the active cannabinoids and terpenes to enter the bloodstream quickly through the buccal membrane of the mouth and remain in the blood stream until receptors in the body are available. This formula allows the dosage to be more effective for a much longer duration without dips and spikes in dosage effects and little or no degradation from the liver. The result is a consistently precise, safe and effective method of medication.
5. Accurate Dosage: CannaStrips™ is precisely measured and every individual strip has the same percentage of active ingredients inside for accurate buccal mucosal delivery. The buccal membrane has a finite absorption capability (absorption speed is approximately 10 mg per minute of cannabinoid particles), which is mirrored with the dosage delivery time of the CannaStrips™. The 10 mg dose has approximately 60-90 second dissolve time and the 20 mg dose has approximately 2 minutes. These dissolve times are dependent on the physiology of each individual patient and the saliva production of that patient. Based on the patients physiology at the time for absorption can be fractionally longer or shorter based on the individual patient. The intent is to have the dose available to the buccal membrane at a rate that can be absorbed easily without swallowing the dose and defeating the benefits of the buccal membrane absorption delivery.
6. Flavorings: CannaStrips™ have multiple flavor profiles as well as all natural pure cannabis flavors. The all natural all plant no added flavor or color strip, which contains both carboxylated and non-carboxylated cannabinoid ingredients is for the purest 100% cannabis flavoring. The second versions are identical to the first with the exception of organic flavor extracts, such as butterscotch, mint, pineapple and spearmint. The flavored versions are not intended to taste like candy or to be confused with non-cannabis products, but are intended to compliment the natural cannabis flavors and offer the patient some variety in the CannaStrips™ experience.
7. Production: The CannaStrips™ product is manufactured on pharmaceutical grade equipment under the USDA guidelines.
8. Packaging: All CannaStrips™ products are contained in pharmaceutical grade childproof packages, preserving the products effectiveness for up to 12 months.